LOCATIONS of the 148th FA REGIMENT
Battery E served in the following locations:
The Battery, therefore, served in the 4 major campaigns of the America Expeditionary Force (A.E.F.) on the Western Front. Thus, anyone serving with the unit for the entire combat actions would be entitled to wear 5 Battle Clasps (4 major engagements plus the Defensive Sector) on his Victory Medal, an uncommonly high number of awards.
- Champagne-Marne Defensive: 15 – 18 July 1918
at Viffort (10 kilometers SE of Chateau Thierry)
- Aisne-Marne Offensive: 18 July – 11 August 1918
From Viffort to Trugny to Fresnes to Chery Chartreuve (near Fismes)
- St. Mihiel Offensive: 12 – 16 September 1918
at Noviant (13 kilometers SW of Pont-A-Mousson)in convoy from Aisne-Marne to St. Mihiel: 21 - 26 Aug.
- Meuse-Argonne Offensive: 26 September – 11 November 1918
at Montzeville to Brieulles
- Army of Occupation: 22 December 1918 – 15 May 1919
Horn, Germany (10 kilometers NE of Coblenz)